Saturday, November 6, 2010

Turkey Time

It is always fun to bring a holiday twist to finger play songs by just changing a few works to fit what you might be teaching about.  Here are a few songs that will go along with Thanksgiving and turkeys.

 Five Little Turkeys (song to the tune Five Little Ducks)



Five little turkeys went out to play
Over the fence and far away
Mother Turkey called gobble, gobble, gobble
And only four little turkeys
Came waddling back


Four, Three, Two, One


Lonely mother turkey
Went out one day
Over the fence and far away
The lonely mother turkey said
Gobble, gobble, gobble
And all the five little turkeys came waddling back.




Five Little Turkeys


Five little turkeys by the barn door,
One waddled off, then there were four.

Four little turkeys out under the tree,
One waddled off, then there were three.


Three little turkeys with nothing to do,
One waddled off, then there were two.


Two little turkeys in the noonday sun,
One waddled off, then there was one.


One little turkey - better run away!
Soon will come Thanksgiving Day!

Crafting for Teaching



I always enjoy making prop that will help enhance the children experience.




Here is what you will need:


Brown knitted glove from Target or Wal Mart (2 pairs for $1.50 right now)
Light Brown felt sheet
Dark Brown felt sheet
Orange Craft Foam sheet
Wiggle Eyes
Crafting Feather
Card Stock


First I cut out 5 circles about the size of a 50 cent piece out of the light brown felt



Next I cut out 5 circles about the size of a dime from the dark brown felt

I glued the tips of craft feather to the back side of the light brown felt and placed a card stock circle on top of the feather to bind them between the felt and card stock. This gave it a good stock body. Next I glued the dark brown felt circle to the top of the light brown felt circle and added the wiggle eyes and triangle shaped craft foam. Once I had all the turkeys made I attached Velcro to the backs of each turkey and the other half to the tips of the fingers on the glove.


Watch the children enjoy hearing the finger play song over and over again.

3 comments:

  1. So, so cute! I'm in love with this glove! The songs are great, too! I'm bookmarking this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ms. Tami...this activity is too cute. Is it okay if I post this on my facebook page for preschoolers. It's called LittleStoryBug. I also have a preschool channel on YouTube under the same name.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes you can post things found on my blog just make sure that you link it back to my site. Thanks Tami

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails